The month of March is special for women all over the world. Why any guess? Yes, it brings to the fore the celebration around femininity with International Women’s Day.
Yes, March 8th is celebrated as a holiday in many countries. Others celebrate it not as a holiday but as a celebration of women’s equality through debate, discussion, and street protests. The media covered the day with full force.
How did it all start?
In 1908, the first International Women’s Day was celebrated. On this day of the year, American women took to the streets of New York City to assert their rights. Every year on March 7, the world joins hands to celebrate femininity and support the cause of women’s empowerment.
No discussion of women’s empowerment is complete without re-establishing the importance of their education, health, job opportunities and the need to correct gross social stereotypes about them through the media.
What to wear: International Women’s Day 2022 is something you must know, isn’t it? Is there any Women’s Day color? Yes there. Is there anything new about Women’s Day fashion? Yes, there are plenty of styles and tips for casual women.
The official color of International Women’s Day 2022
“Purple” is the color of 2022.
Why wear purple on International Women’s Day when we usually associate purple with lavender flowers?
Ultraviolet 18-3838, a passionate purple color, the 19th Pantone color of the year. Purple is also the color of 2022 Women’s Day. It will also complement International Women’s Day “BreakTheBias” # IWD2022 The theme of the campaign, which highlights feminism.
Purple has a historical connection with the women’s empowerment movement. The Women’s Social and Political Union (WSPU) is symbolically represented by purple, green and white.
WPSU is an organization that has been a beacon of the feminist movement in Britain in the twentieth century, fighting for women’s suffrage. The color purple refers to the “royal blood that flows through the veins of every suffrage.” Although white is synonymous with purity, green signifies hope.
Since purple is the official color for International Women’s Day, go ahead and wear a purple shirt and ribbon. This is a great idea for casual wear for professional women.
One step further – be the hateful colleague who writes all her emails in purple !! It not only sounds great, it is the first step towards solidarity with feminist cause.
Any ideas for International Women’s Day logo? Since women come from Venus, the planet centers on all its purple glory, with women of different levels of life in the background!
The color purple chosen symbolizes justice and dignity, two important goals that International Women’s Day aims to achieve for all women in all parts of the world.
How to Celebrate International Women’s Day 2022 Online?
Nowadays almost all social activities and causes go viral overnight. Social media has become the most exciting platform to capture the eyeballs for a reason. And it is bound to flood the message of celebrating femininity on International Women’s Day. From the first week of March to March 8, all you can do is:
You can use the following hashtags to join the feminist bandwagon on social media.
# Break the Beas
# Women’s Day
# International Women’s Day
# My feminism
In addition to tagging your photographs and posts with these hashtags, you can also do the following:
- Share or retweet a message related to International Women’s Day 2022.
- Use the logo for International Women’s Day 2022 as your display image for the day.
- You can also use the IWD logo on your email signatures in purple.
- Since the official color for International Women’s Day 2022 is purple, make sure you play that day in a royal color, both physically and practically.
- You can unleash your creative imagination and shoot a video that highlights the universal concerns of women and restores the need for women’s empowerment.
How to celebrate International Women’s Day 2022 offline?
Yes, you can. Here’s how:
- Several NGOs, media houses and corporations celebrate International Women’s Day by organizing women-centered discussions, health camps and drives. You can certainly be a part of it. If you are part of the organizing team, decorate your office cabin in purple. It would be a good idea if you could screen a short film that talks about feminist reasons.
- Want to go one step further to show your commitment in the colors of International Women’s Day and Women’s Day? Go ahead and donate to organizations working for women’s empowerment.
What to wear: International Women’s Day 2022 is a topic that the post has answered enough. Go ahead and celebrate the strength and femininity of the girls!
Photo source: womensdaycelebration.com, www.internationalwomensday.com